GB News star Ellie Costello involved in car crash as she misses show due to injuries
GB News: Queen 'pivotal' to the success of COP26
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
GB News presenter Ellie Costello has taken to Twitter to apologise for her absence on GB News, explaining that she sustained injuries in a car crash at the weekend. The news reporter revealed that she is recovering from multiple injuries, including “bruised ribs and whiplash”, adding that she’s feeling “very lucky” following the crash.
I’m at home recovering from whiplash, bruised ribs & back injuries
In view of her 13,500 followers, the star explained her absence from the news show.
Ellie wrote: “Apologies for being absent from @GBNEWS.
“On Saturday our stationary car was hit by a driver in the wrong lane.
“I’m at home recovering from whiplash, bruised ribs & back injuries,” Ellie added.
She continued: “I am very lucky.
“Thank you to my brilliant friends, family, colleagues & the NHS for their kindness,” she ended alongside a red heart.
Ellie added a snap of herself in a facemask in the waiting area of a medical facility.
Following her post, social media users rushed to voice their well wishes.
Social media user Marko Polo penned: “Poor you Ellie. Glad you are OK considering. Get well soon and back on @GBNEWS?”
Replying, Ellie confirmed that she’s expected back on screens soon: “Yes looking forward to being back! Thanks x,” she wrote.
Ellie’s colleague entertainment reporter Josh Rom wrote: “Sending you all the love and virtual hugs in the world!! Xx.”
While Dan Wootton added: “Oh no Ellie. Thank God you’re OK. Hope your recovery is speedy.”
“Hope you feel 100 per cent again very soon x,” wrote BBC News presenter Martine Croxall.
GB News began broadcasting in June but has reportedly had a tough time competing with other channels including BBC and Sky News.
Last month Andrew Neil stepped down from his role as the chairman and host of a prime-time show on the channel.
He told MailOnline he came “close to a breakdown” following the stress of managing the station’s technical problems.
Speaking following his decision to quit GB News, Andrew revealed how he truly felt about how his project had gone.
He said: “It just went from bad to worse. There was one day we spent the whole day preparing the programme and fixing up a number of interviews down the line because that was the business model.
“At one minute to eight I sat down, earpiece in, microphone on, only to be told by the director we had no external communications, so I had no guests.”
He admitted: “I was in despair. Unlike other shows where there are two anchors so they can talk rubbish to each other, I was on my own.”
Source: Read Full Article