Kate and William carry out royal engagement after Harrys latest tell-all interview
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were seen for the first time since Prince Harry ’s latest tell-all interview as they attended a royal engagement on Thursday.
Prince William and Kate Middleton visited the London headquarters of the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) to gain insight into the ongoing appeal to support those affected by the current war conflict in Ukraine.
The country has been under attack for two months now causing 11 million citizens to flee their homes as a result, while 7 million have been internally displaced and 4 million have left the region altogether.
William and Kate sat down with members of the DEC as they learnt more about the appeal the committee has set up, which so far has raised over £280 million and received donations from the government, institutions, companies and community groups.
As well as speaking with returned aid workers, the royal couple had the opportunity to talk to those still on the ground in Ukraine through video call as they learnt in further detail about the work they were doing to help those affected by the conflict.
This was the Royals’ first appearance since part of Harry’s bombshell US interview was released on Wednesday, in which he discussed his own family being his focus now as he dodged answering questions about missing his brother William and dad Charles.
Speaking to host Hoda Kotb, the prince happily opened up about his “special relationship” with his grandmother the Queen, who he paid a visit to while in the UK last week.
However, when asked further questions about his family, he stopped short of going into detail about his relationship with his dad and brother.
When asked if he missed his family at home, he said “yes” and added “especially over the last two years, for most people, have we not missed their families? Right?”
He then dodged the question when asked about his strained relationship with William and Charles, who he has barely seen since moving to the US in 2020 with wife Meghan Markle, saying he was focusing more on his role of host at the Invictus Games.
He said: “Look, I mean… at the moment, I’m here focused on these guys and these families and giving everything I can, 120% to them to make sure that they have the experience of a lifetime.
“That’s my focus here. And when I leave here, I go back, and my focus is my family, who I miss massively.”
He also discussed his recent meeting with the Queen and said that he wanted to make sure the monarch was "protected" and has "got the right people around her".
For all the latest royal news, sign up to OK!'s brand new Royal newsletter.
Source: Read Full Article