Meghan Markle cancels Jimmy Fallon talkshow appearance after Queens death
Meghan Markle has cancelled several of her upcoming appearances, following the death of Queen Elizabeth II.
The 41 year old, who is currently in London with her husband Prince Harry, was scheduled to appear on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on 20 September, but she has now cancelled her appearance.
On the same date, she and Harry, 37, were due to visit the UN General Assembly in Manhattan, but the couple have also called this off.
It's believed that Meghan's decision to cancel her plans is because they are scheduled around the time that Queen Elizabeth II's funeral could take place. The date for Her Majesty's funeral is yet to be publicly confirmed.
Queen Elizabeth II's iconic celebrity moments including Bond sketch and meeting Lady Gaga
"Meghan was due on Fallon,” a source told Page Six. “I don’t even know what she was going to talk about, but that’s obviously canceled now.”
Mum-of-two Meghan, who shares son Archie, three, and one year old daughter Lilibet with Harry, is also said to have delayed the release of the next instalment of her new podcast Archetypes.
The second episode had been scheduled to be released next Tuesday on Spotify, but the Duchess has now postponed the release, sources told Page Six.
The Sussexes were already in the UK at the time of Her Majesty's passing, having recently jetted over from California to attend events in Manchester and London.
Harry raced to Balmoral Castle in Scotland to be by his grandmother's bedside after receiving a phone call that she had just "hours to live", while Meghan stayed behind in London.
The couple are expected to remain in the UK until Her Majesty's funeral takes place later this month, which is currently rumoured be scheduled for 19 September.
Despite Harry and Meghan's relationships with the Royal Family becoming strained over recent years, new monarch King Charles III, 73, did express his love to the Sussexes in his first public address to the nation.
During his speech, King Charles said: “I want to express my love for Harry and Meghan as they continue to build their lives overseas.”
The extension of an olive branch to his son marks the beginning of a new era, and once again shows King Charles' commitment to reconciling with his son, in the wake of their family tragedy.
The gesture also comes just days after Harry had declined an offer to spend part of his UK visit with his father, a move that had deeply saddened the monarch.
- Harry was 'apple of Queen's eye' and she 'adored his rebellious streak'
- Queen's last summer of picnics, family and rest at 'favourite home' Balmoral
- Why the Queen’s signature style was so iconic, according to fashion experts
- Why Queen's nickname was 'Gary' thanks to Prince William
- For the latest updates on the Royal Family, sign up to OK!'s weekly royals newsletter
Source: Read Full Article