PSVR2 launch line-up confirmed with at least 39 games due out before April
Sony has revealed the final line-up of games for the PSVR2 launch next month, although some of them won’t be out until the end of March.
The biggest launch in gaming this spring isn’t a game or even a new console but the PlayStation VR2 headset, which is due out on February 22 for £569.99.
That includes a copy of key title Horizon VR: Call Of The Mountain but it’s been unclear exactly what other games will also be out at launch.
To be honest, it’s still unclear as Sony is only talking about a ‘launch window’, which ends in March – meaning the list of games below could be out anytime between February 22 and March 31.
If you check on the PlayStation Store you’ll see that many of the games are scheduled for February 22, but not newly announced titles such as Rez Infinite and Tetris Effect – even though they’re launch games in the US.
Both games are relatively old at this point (the original Rez dates back to the PlayStation 2 era) but they’re both by producer Tetsuya Mizuguchi, who’s famous for mixing gameplay, graphics, and synaesthesia.
Rez Infinite, in particular, is one of our favourite games ever, so it’s great to see that is getting a PlayStation VR2 update, that includes eye-tracking and haptic feedback. Better still, they’re available as cheap upgrades if you already own the original (there’s no UK price yet but they’re $9.99 in the US).
PSVR2 launch window games list
- After The Fall – Complete Edition
- Altair Breaker
- Before Your Eyes
- Cities VR – Enhanced Edition – confirmed for February 22
- Cosmonious High – confirmed for February 22
- Creed: Rise To Glory – Championship Edition
- The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR – confirmed for February 22
- Demeo – confirmed for February 22
- Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate
- Fantavision 202X
- Gran Turismo 7 (free update) – confirmed for February 22
- Hello Neighbor: Search And Rescue
- Horizon VR: Call Of The Mountain – confirmed for February 22
- Job Simulator
- Jurassic World Aftermath Collection
- Kayak VR: Mirage – confirmed for February 22
- Kizuna AI – Touch the Beat!
- The Last Clockwinder – confirmed for February 22
- The Light Brigade – confirmed for February 22
- Moss – confirmed for February 22
- Moss: Book 2 – confirmed for February 22
- NFL Pro Era (free upgrade)
- No Man’s Sky
- Pavlov VR
- Pistol Whip (free upgrade)
- Puzzling Places (free upgrade)
- Resident Evil Village (free update)
- Rez Infinite
- Song In The Smoke: Rekindled
- Star Wars: Tales From The Galaxy’s Edge – Enhanced Edition – confirmed for February 22
- Synth Riders (free upgrade)
- The Tale Of Onogoro
- Tentacular – confirmed for February 22
- Tetris Effect: Connected
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution – confirmed for March 21
- Vacation Simulator
- What The Bat?
- Zenith: The Last City (free upgrade) – confirmed for February 22
The PlayStation Blog outlines the 13 new (or at least new for PlayStation VR2) games announced today, including Before Your Eyes, Pavlov VR, Synth Riders: Remastered Edition, and Thumper – another GameCentral favourite.
Although we’ve noticed the list on the blog is missing at least one game – Hello Neighbor: Search And Rescue – that’s listed on the UK PlayStation Store for February 22.
Whether that means the blog games are only relevant for the US we’re not sure, but we’ve indicated above which games are confirmed for launch day in the UK.
Email [email protected], leave a comment below, and follow us on Twitter.
Follow Metro Gaming on Twitter and email us at [email protected]
To submit Inbox letters and Reader’s Features more easily, without the need to send an email, just use our Submit Stuff page here.
For more stories like this, check our Gaming page.
Source: Read Full Article