Britney Spears Responds To The Documentary ‘Framing Britney Spears’

Singer Britney Spears has spoken out following the February 5 debut of the FX documentary, Framing Britney Spears. Although she did not directly address the issues raised in the film, she did post a video of her performing her hit song Toxic on Twitter.

“Can’t believe this performance of Toxic is from 3 years ago !!! I’ll always love being on stage …. but I am taking the time to learn and be a normal person ….. I love simply enjoying the basics of every day life !!!!” she wrote.

RELATED: Britney Spears’ Request To Remove Father As Her Conservator Denied

“Each person has their story and their take on other people’s stories !!!! We all have so many different bright beautiful lives !!! Remember, no matter what we think we know about a person’s life it is nothing compared to the actual person living behind the lens !!!!” she added.

Since 2008, Spears been under a conservatorship, led by her father, Jamie Spears, who controls her finances and essentially her life. In November 2020, Britney lost a bid to remove her father from her conservatorship though the judge did not rule out future petitions for his removal or suspension.

Spears has refused to perform while she remains under the conservatorship, presumably to prevent her father from having access to her earnings. Meanwhile, Spears’ ex-husband Kevin Federline “approves” of Jodi Montgomery, the singer’s care manager, handling conservatorship.

“He thinks Jodi Montgomery has done an admirable job and he has no other position to state with regard to the conservatorship,” reported E! online, quoting Kaplan. Federline currently has 70% custody of his and Spears’ sons, while Spears has the other 30%.

On January 4, 2019, Spears announced an “indefinite work hiatus” and the cancellation of her planned Las Vegas residency after her father, Jamie, suffered a near-fatal colon rupture. In March 2019, Andrew Wallet resigned as co-conservator of her estate after 11 years.

Shortly after, Britney entered a psychiatric facility for treatment. Soon after allegations arose that Jamie had canceled the planned residency due to Britney’s refusal to take her medication, that he had been holding her in the facility against her will, and that her conservatorship was due to end in 2009. This gave rise to the #FreeBritney movement, which has been supported by celebrities like Cher, Paris Hilton, and Miley Cyrus, as well as the American Civil Liberties Union.

Source: Variety

READ NEXT: Britney Spears’ Father Reacts To The #FreeBritney Movement

Source: Read Full Article