Dad, 27, ‘violently’ stabs newborn to death and leaves partner to die after row

A dad murdered his three-week-old son and left his partner to die after "violently" stabbing them both following a row.

Denis Beytula admitted this morning to plunging a knife into his newborn Andrei Stefan, who suffered fatal injuries and died days later in hospital.

The thug also pleaded guilty to attempting to kill the boy’s mother, Andreea Stefan, during the incident at their flat in Wallsend, North Tyneside.

Despite being seriously injured, Ms Stefan was able to dial 999 before Beytula rang police himself just seconds later to tell them what had happened.

Their "beautiful baby boy" was rushed to hospital after the attack on October 2, before being declared dead days later on October 6.

Beytula, 27, who wore a white t-shirt, showed no emotion as he entered his pleas at Newcastle Crown Court.

He will be sentenced on December 19.

A police spokesman said: “His victims were both completely innocent and they were two people he was supposed to love and protect – he betrayed them in the most violent of ways."

Ms Stefan, 21, was left with serious injuries following the incident in which Beytula had entered the flat before grabbing a knife and "violently" stabbing them both following an argument.

He was arrested at the scene and emergency first aid was delivered to his victims who were rushed to hospital.

Moments before the attack, overjoyed mum Ms Stefan posted a loving Facebook message about her new son.

She wrote: "I asked God to send me a man who will always love me. So, he gave me a son."

It was followed by a blue heart and baby emoji.

The message was posted at 1.44pm – just 31 minutes before emergency services were called to the family home at 2.15pm and found mum and son with life-threatening injuries.

A baby on a stretcher and a woman wrapped in blankets were seen being taken away by air ambulance moments later.

Detective Chief Inspector Dave Cole, of Northumbria Police, said that it was "impossible to imagine" what the baby's family had gone through in the aftermath of the incident.

He said: “This was a truly horrific assault that rocked an entire community and even now it is difficult to comprehend how Denis Beytula could commit these offences.

“His victims were both completely innocent and they were two people he was supposed to love and protect – he betrayed them in the most violent of ways.

“It is tragic when any life is taken away but it is particularly distressing when that life is a beautiful baby boy and I know that has had a profound effect on the wider community.

“I welcome the fact that Beytula has pleaded guilty and prevented Andreea and her family from having to suffer the ordeal of a trial, however, I know that will bring her little comfort.

“She has been a pillar of strength throughout our investigation and I just want to take this opportunity to praise her for her incredible bravery at what continues to be a very difficult time.

“Andreea fought for her life and because of her determination she is alive today to see this man put behind bars, but what happened that day will stay with her for the rest of her life.

“Her world will never be the same again but we will continue to offer her all the support she needs so she can try and begin to move on with her life.”

DCI Cole added: “I also want to take this opportunity to again praise the emergency responders who helped to save Andreea’s life and gave Andrei a fighting chance.

“It is hard to comprehend how they must have felt when they were administering first aid to such a young baby who had been attacked in such a violent manner.

“Their response was exemplary and I want to thank them for their actions. I know what they saw will live with them for the rest of their lives and we will make sure they have access to any support they need.”

Just two days before the attack Ms Stefan had also posted a black and white picture of her and Beytula with the caption: "I love you so much."

In another image of the couple she wrote: "My love."

And on September 20, she posted a bedroom selfie with a moses basket in the background with a mother and baby emoji.

A couple who live next door to the scene told reporters Ms Stefan "was always saying how much she was looking forward to having the baby."

The 56-year-old male neighbour, who did not want to be named, told Chronicle Live: "She just seemed really excited."

And his wife explained how Ms Stefan had told her she was expecting a boy.

The 57-year-old added: "She was talking to me a few days before she gave birth saying how excited she was and how she knew it was going to be a boy.

"She was really excited, they were getting stuff for the flat and getting everything ready.

"We couldn't believe it when we heard what had happened."

Source: Read Full Article