Kit out your baby's nursery for under £100 with these budget essentials from John Lewis | The Sun
BRINGING your new baby home is a life-defining moment and every parent wants to create a snuggly, inviting space for their little one.
Equipping and decorating the perfect nursery should be an exciting time, but with the enormous range of products on the market it can be daunting, not to mention expensive.
So you’ll want to equip yourself with the essentials, adding some adorable extras to make a wonderful space to enjoy with your growing family – and John Lewis is here to help.
John Lewis’ nursery range is full of stylish staples that are budget-friendly and help shoppers create a beautiful (and practical) space for their baby in an affordable way.
But how affordable is the range, really? In order to test out how much bang for your buck you really get, we decided to see if we could find ways to equip and decorate a nursery for under £100.
The snuggly sleeper
Sleep… the subject that dominates the thoughts and conversations of most new parents. While you might not be getting as much shut-eye as you’d like, you’re desperate for your baby to be slumbering sweetly and you might even forsake your own downtime to watch them.
From the early months of sleeping close to you, and into the transition of moving them to their own space, John Lewis has everything you need to help you both sleep serenely.
From snuggly sleeping bags to Moses baskets and cots, John Lewis’ sleep accessories that will create a tranquil space.
- John Lewis ANYDAY Moses Basket – £55
- John Lewis ANYDAY Mummy's Little Star Print Sleeping Bag – £12
- Tommee Tippee Ollie the Owl – £24.99
Total cost: £91.99
Obviously, it’s not all coo coo and peek-a-boo. Parenting can be messy, chaotic and at times quite smelly.
But there are practical items that will help you manage in those early days, not least with the many, many nappies you’ll be changing along the way.
Luckily they needn’t break the bank and John Lewis’s extensive selection can help keep the costs low, without compromising on quality.
- John Lewis ANYDAY Changing Mat – £6
- John Lewis ANYDAY Micro-Fresh Easy Care Waterproof Cotbed Mattress Protector – £16
- Babymoov Squeezy Sensory Soft Touch Nightlight – £24.99
- Tommee Tippee Twist & Click Sangenic Nappy Disposal System – £29.99
Total cost: £76.98
There’s nothing more amazing than watching your child discover the world around them.
Sensory lights as well as new sounds and textures can all create a look of wonderment and those early smiles.
John Lewis’s nursery range is full of colourful decorations and toys to help you introduce all of this to your little one without breaking the budget.
- Little home at John Lewis Colour Changing Star Sensory Table Lamp – £14
- Little home at John Lewis Sahara Tassel Bunting – £12
- Petit Collage Busy Bunny Soft Musical Mobile – £18
- Edushape Sensory Balls Set – £17.99
Total cost: £61.99
It’s easy to get carried away planning the design of your little one’s first room. A quick flick through Pinterest then you find yourself combing through Google on the hunt for a five-foot, ultra-realistic giraffe toy, or wondering if you have the skills to paint a mural of pirouetting ballerinas.
Luckily John Lewis has done the hard work for you with an extensive range of beautiful homeware to create a kid’s paradise.
Some of our favourites are their safari-themed items, with lots of friendly and fascinating animals to create an environment your little one will be desperate to explore (they’ve even got wall stickers so you’re not tempted to get your paintbrushes out).
- Little home at John Lewis Safari & Friends Lampshade – £22
- Little home at John Lewis Lion Knitted Storage Basket – £22
- Little home at John Lewis Giraffe Cushion – £15
- Little home at John Lewis Safari & Friends Wall Stickers – £17
Total cost: £76
A magical dreamland
If a safari’s not for you, then how about a magical wonderland of castles, unicorns, rainbows and stars.
With a few simple room accessories, it’s easy to transform your nursery into a space of wonder and imagination.
Best of all this transformation costs less than £75.
- Little home at John Lewis Magical Unicorn Lampshade – £22
- Little home at John Lewis Magical Unicorn Wall Stickers – £17
- Little home at John Lewis Olivia Faux Fur Heart Cushion – £14
- little home at John Lewis Olivia Faux Fur Star Cushion – £12
Total cost: £65
Source: Read Full Article