Next Black Friday deals 2020: what to look out for | The Sun UK
YOU can always count on NEXT for good quality womenswear, workwear, menswear, kids clothes, and beautiful homeware.
Its notorious sales have people queuing from as early as 6am, but Next's Black Friday 2020 deals are a little different this year.
The retailer has decided NOT to take part in the sales bonanza in 2020 in a blow for bargain hunters.
The clothing and homeware store confirmed to The Sun there will be no Black Friday event, but it wouldn’t reveal the reason why it won’t be participating this year.
When is Next's 2020 Black Friday sale?
Black Friday lands on Friday November 27 in 2020.
It's always the day after the US holiday of Thanksgiving which takes place on the fourth Thursday in November.
That means the date of Black Friday changes each year but it's generally always towards the end of November.
But this will now just be a normal day for the store as it's not doing any Black Friday deals this year.
What was in Next's Black Friday sale last year?
The online and in-store sale had BIG savings of up to 70%.
Here are some of the top picks from 2019, where you can see some of the sizeable savings.
- Neutral check kilt, £7.50 (saving £18.50)
- Ecru One shoulder Ruffle Top, £8 (save £20)
- Dark Blue Jersey-Lined Denim Utility Jacket, £14 (save £34)
- River Island Navy Pinstripe Polo, ££7.50 (save £18.50)
What's the best way to shop Next's Black Friday sale?
While there's no sale this year for Black Friday, here are our tips for future years, and for when it launches any sale – the Christmas sales are just around the corner after all.
There will be limited stock on sizes, so be prepared to act quickly if you see something you fancy but only buy it if you can afford to or were planning to anyway.
You should also always compare prices to see if you can get similar items or even the same items for less elsewhere.
Follow our recommendations below as you prepare.
- Womenswear – we don't mean to go on about it, but Next has really upped the style stakes and there's no better department to splurge in.
- Footwear – Next's footwear offering is really on-trend (inspired by designer styles from the likes of Prada, Attico and Balenciaga), but you can still find comfortable classics for yourself and the kids.
- Outerwear – if you have your eye on one of the retailer's coats or a puffer for your kids, hold out until November when they will be considerably cheaper.
- Menswear – invest in workwear essentials such as smart trousers and shirts while they're at their cheapest.
- Homewares – getting your house ready for Christmas? Buy rugs, throws, cushions, table settings, crockery or refresh your decor – Black Friday is the best time to splash out on a new sofa or bed.
- Kidswear – Next has a huge range that starts from baby sizes all the way up to age 16 – it even has some "mini-me" items so that you can twin with your little ones.
- Brands – the retailer stocks fashion brands including Ghost, Lipsy and Finery, so invest in party dresses for a fraction of the cost.
- Sportswear – shop sports and activewear brands such as Adidas, Ivy Park and Superdry.
- Chunky knitwear – this is always a winter staple, but it's been particularly popular recently and thick knit, midi-length skirts and a chunky biker boot continue to be a top sartorial style.
- Athleisure – this continues to be a popular trend in 2020 and looks set to continue into 2021.
- Boots – no matter how short or tall you are, over the knee boots look great on any length. Invest in a pair and you'll find yourself teaming them with everything in your wardrobe. Chunky heel to flat, block to kitten, these style staples are here to stay.
In recent years, Next has managed to shake off its frumpy connotations and come up trumps as a fashion destination.
The retailer now stocks labels such as Lipsy, Ghost and Finery but also features up-and-coming designers including Rejina Pyo and Isa Arfen in its Label Mix range.
It's also collaborated with style icon Emma Willis and signed high fashion model Edita Vilkeviciute who has fronted more than ten Vogue covers and walked for the likes of Isabel Marant, Dolce & Gabbana, Balmain, Valentino and Victoria's Secret.
But its not all about the womenswear – you can nab great value homeware, workwear, menswear and kidswear, as well as flowers and gifts at Next.
Our tips for finding the best deals this Black Friday and Cyber Monday
IT might be tempting to dive in and snap up LOADS of items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but here’s how you can guarantee you’re getting a good deal.
PREPARE Research the items you want to buy and find out the cheapest price. Websites like PriceSpy, PriceHistory and CamelCamelCamel will give you historical data on prices so you can see how much you should pay.
GET FOLLOWING Follow your favourite shops on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and sign up to its deals newsletter to get the latest on any offers. We post the best deals in our Sun Money FB group too.
EARN CASHBACK Check websites like Quidco and TopCashback BEFORE you place your order. Cashback websites PAY you to shop. All you have to do is click through their links and the money is added to your online account, usually within 14 days.
CHECK FOR CODES Take a look at The Sun Vouchers, and see if you can get extra savings with discount codes.
How much will my Next delivery cost?
If you're a die-hard Next fan, or just a self-confessed late night shopper, its worth coughing up the annual fee of £20 for unlimited Next Day Delivery – you can order anything before midnight and still get your purchases by 12pm the very next day.
Otherwise, you'll pay £3.99 for Next Day Delivery, which is one of the best deals on the high street.
If you're saving the pennies, you can order to your local store for FREE or send to a Parcel Shop location for £2.50.
Returns are always free of charge.
Enjoyed learning about Next's Black Friday sale? For more information on the biggest shopping event of the year, check out where else has a Black Friday sale on in 2020.
If you want some fashion recommendations before you splash the cash, check out our dedicated section at Sun Selects
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article