Elton John’s husband David pays heartfelt tribute as mother Gladys Furnish dies
Elton John's mother-in-law Gladys Furnish has tragically passed away.
David Furnish had paid tribute to his mother on Instagram.
He posted a heartfelt photo to his 187k followers.
David wrote in a moving statement: "Today I lost my beautiful, angelic Mother. She passed away peacefully in the middle of the night, with me and my brothers by her side.
- Sam Smith urges Bond bosses to let 'incredible' Elton John write next tune
- Elton John’s net worth revealed as Rocket Man singer defends Meghan and Harry
"Mum radiated gentle kindness. She was utterly devoted to her family. We all richly benefitted from her patient wisdom and bountiful love.
"I treasure this photo of Mum and Dad on their wedding day – bursting with joy and fresh-faced optimism over their union and the life they planned to build together. They shared the greatest love I have ever known; A rock-solid foundation from which my brothers and I flourished.
"Rest in peace Mum. You lived your life impeccably. I will never forget you. I promise to do my best to pass the gifts you gave to me on to my own beautiful sons."
Many of David's friends shared their condolences.
- 'George Michael was uncomfortable with being gay and wanted to die', claims Elton John
- Elton John reignites Madonna feud as he brands her 'ungracious and nasty'
Elizabeth Hurley wrote: "All our thoughts are with you, my precious friend."
While Dermot O'Leary said: "Beautiful words David. My condolences. Big love."
Scissor Sisters' star Jake Shears wrote: "Sending so much love to you and your family.
"I’m so sorry. Your mom was such a sweet and gentle woman. And you have been the most loving son.
- Elton John labels Lion King remake 'a huge disappointment'
- Liz Hurley, 54, unleashes age-defying curves to promote her bikini range
Love you so much David."
Gladys' passing came two years after the death of Elton's own mother.
The Your Song hitmaker wrote on Instagram in November 2017: "So sad to say that my mother passed away this morning. I only saw her last Monday and I am in shock.
"Travel safe Mum. Thank-you for everything. I will miss you so much. Love, Elton."
Source: Read Full Article