Jess Glynne cancels TRNSMT festival and admits partying with Spice Girls
Jess Glynne has cancelled several more shows due to a haemorrhage on her vocal chords, days after she pulled out of her Isle of Wight performance at the last minute.
The Hold My Hand singer had been due to perform at TRNSMT festival in Glasgow on Sunday 14 July.
In a statement, Jess shared her devastation at having to cancel another performance, while also confirming previous claims that she partied until the early hours after the Spice Girls’ last tour show.
The 29-year-old singer explained: ‘It absolutely kills me to say this – especially given what has happened in the past few weeks – but on the advice of my throat surgeon, I am going to have to cancel my next shows through until July 14th and I hope to be back as soon as possible after that.
‘I know many of my fans feel I let them down so badly when I pulled out of the Isle of Wight festival but the reason I knew I just wasn’t going to be able to make that performance has now been made clear to be by my doctor, Dr Zeitels.’
Jess went on to address the reports that she partied until around 7am with Spice Girls Mel B, Emma Bunton, Geri Horner and Mel C.
The Brit award-winning singer continued: ‘It is true that I went out and celebrated the end of the Spice tour. That was a massive high for me and I wanted to mark it with the women who’d become friends and mentors to me.
‘But I had also been suffering on and off for weeks with anxiety about my voice. It wasn’t right. I wasn’t sounding my best and I felt there was something wrong.’
Jess travelled to Boston this week to visit a surgeon who said that she needed to ‘urgently take a break’ if she ever wanted to perform again.
She is now expected to rest her voice for the next 10 days and will remain in ‘total silence’ to give her vocal chords a chance to recover.
The Rather Be singer continued: ‘Basically he told me I have been completely overdoing everything.
‘In the last six months I’ve performed almost 100 shows, I’ve pushed through at times when I know I’ve been tired and overstretched and I got to breaking point, my voice literally got to breaking point. The thing is I am my voice. If my voice goes, I go.
‘I am so privileged to do what I do, I am so privileged to have fans out there who come and see me. But I never want to be less than 100 percent. I never want to give you less than 100 percent.
‘I am so devastated to be letting anyone down but I want you to know the full truth of my situation so you understand why I have to do this.
‘All I know is I have to go away, look after my voice and come back stronger, better and be the performer my fans truly deserve.’
TRNSMT festival Director Geoff Ellis said: ‘We are very sorry to hear about Jess’ health issue which means she can no longer play at this year’s TRNSMT Festival.
‘She’s such a hard working artist and we fully understand why she’s had to make this regrettable decision. We wish Jess all the best and look forward to seeing her back in Scotland soon. We hope to announce her replacement at TRNSMT in the next few days.’
Got a showbiz story?
If you’ve got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article