Corrie and EastEnders weddings, Emmerdale Meena kills and 37 Xmas soap spoilers
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Well, that is unless you live in soapland, where death, drama and heartbreak are ALL on the menu.
Yes, the festive season is anything but in the nation’s favourite serial dramas, but would we have it any other way?
That would be a resounding: ‘No’!
With Coronation Street and EastEnders both set to serve up memorable weddings, broken hearts will certainly be a running theme.
As will murder it seems, as Meena Jutla takes shocking action in Emmerdale, after Manpreet Sharma starts to question what her sister is truly capable of.
Sid Sumner, meanwhile, is caught between two girls in Hollyoaks, as another love triangle commences.
With so much transpiring in the world of soap this holiday season, we thought it only fitting to compile a list of the 40 biggest developments.
1. Emma’s big day arrives, but she still has her doubts about Curtis. Steve, meanwhile, shares that the charity money never made its way to his account, forcing Amy to reveal that Curtis is a pathological liar, and he isn’t dying! Steve’s stunned, as Emma awaits Curtis’ arrival at the wedding venue. But will he turn up? Or has he done a runner with the money?
2. Abi wants to get in the festive spirit, asserting that it’s what Seb would want. Kevin, meanwhile, comes into possession of a few of Seb’s belongings, one of which is a letter that leaves his jaw on the floor. Having read the letter, Kev pulls out all the stops for Abi, who thanks him for the best Christmas present imaginable. Kevin tells her that it was Seb who was behind it.
3. Nina continues to struggle with her anxiety, and Carla notices how uneasy she’s become. Soon enough, she realises just how deep Nina’s anxiety runs. Asha, meanwhile, has no idea, and Nina declines her invitation for Christmas dinner, leaving her hurt. Carla, however, gifts her a very special present for Christmas.
4. Kelly’s presence on the street infuriates Abi, and in spite of Nina telling her to let go of her hatred, Abi refuses to relent, as she sets out to make Kelly’s life a misery. After finding out the teen left flowers at Seb’s memorial, she ups the ante, and prevents her from going to work at the barbers. Imran, furious, reminds Abi she has done some shameful things herself, resulting in Abi smacking him across the face!
5. Kelly loses her job in the wake of Abi’s actions, and ends up taking spice. Craig finds her, and urges her to get help before it’s too late. Dev kicks her out, and Aadi rails at him, before telling Abi about how Kelly turned to drugs, which leaves her stunned. Kelly describes her troubled upbringing at a drugs support group as Abi listens. Abi, feeling empathy, bares her soul to the group.
6. With a decision to be reached about Max’s place at school, Daisy urges Daniel to persuade the head teacher to give the teen another chance. Afterwards, Max tampers with Daniel’s laptop ahead of the carol concert, but when he makes a discovery, he tries to undo his actions. Daisy, meanwhile, comes to Daniel’s defence, but will they admit their feelings for one another?
7. Lydia is quick to change the subject when Sarah mentions Adam. Daniel, however, is impressed by the newcomer when he clocks what she’s reading, and they instantly hit it off.
8. Tyrone and Fiz prepare Christmas dinner for two, but they receive a shock when Fiz and Phill arrive with the girls, having cancelled their holiday. But with a rescued pigeon, Phill’s impromptu visit to Mimi’s and a stolen kiss all on the menu, will this festive season be one to remember?
9. Nick is delighted when he overhears Sam speaking to Hope via a walkie-talkie. Things take a turn, however, when Sam realises Nick was eavesdropping on him, leaving Nick concerned that they’ve gone back to step one.
10. Sarah is concerned when she realises Adam has brought her to the same hotel he brought Carla to, and the mood is ruined when she quizzes him about his fling with Lydia.
11. With Chelsea intent on marrying Gray, Whitney makes it her mission to stop the ceremony, and thus does some digging. She speaks to Laura once more, urging her to speak to Chelsea, but with Kheerat telling Gray he’ll come to his wedding, she feels alone in her quest. Nonetheless, however, she makes a huge discovery, as she realises Gray killed Chantelle – and she’s got proof!
12. The big day arrives, and it’s all smiles as Chelsea and Denise prepare for their shared ceremony. Whitney, meanwhile, sets out to expose Gray’s true colours, and before long, she spills the beans to Chelsea, telling her that her fiancé murdered his wife! Will the wedding go ahead?
13. Phil’s PI had no luck in locating missing Jada. Sharon invites Phil and Kat to her Christmas party, but Kat declines. Phil attends, explaining that he’s got a message from his PI. Kat has an altercation with Sharon, leaving Phil upset, and thus he invites Sharon over to his for Christmas dinner!
14. Janine gets dressed up as Santa’s Little Helper, but her efforts go unnoticed by Mick, much to the amusement of Nancy and Shirley. Later, the schemer learns that Mick is not spending Christmas with Linda. Desperate to get Nancy out of the way, she meddles some more. Mick, meanwhile, is determined to talk to Linda, while Janine gets wind of Linda’s alcoholism, and uses this information to her advantage! Will she have her wicked way and seduce Mick?
15. Rocky is conflicted, as both Kathy and Sonia jump to conclusions, assuming that he’s spending Christmas Day with them. Sonia’s oven, however, proves to be the solution, as it breaks, allowing Rocky the opportunity to suggest them having their lunch at Kathy’s. But Dotty sets out to ruin her uncle’s plan, suggesting Stuart fix the oven. He does so, but finds a note underneath the oven with Sonia’s name on it! Rocky realises it’s the letter he wrote and he freezes! Is his betrayal about to be revealed?
16. Stacey and Martin find themselves in a bit of an awkward situation, as they apply for the same job! Eve adds a few little embellishments to Stacey’s CV, however, making for an interesting interview.
17. Phil wants to spend some time with Raymond, but Denise has other ideas. She ultimately reconsiders, allowing the legendary hard-man time alone with son, but things soon take a turn, and Kat ends up keeping a pretty big secret as a result. Sharon picks up on her secrecy, and thus she quizzes her, forcing her to admit the truth. Phil overhears her confession and confronts Denise, who has a warning for him. Will Phil retaliate?
18. Tensions fly high with the Carters clan in the fallout from New Year’s Eve. Nancy, shocked, issues her dad with an ultimatum.
19. Rainie and Callum do their best to talk to Stuart, but they just cannot get through to him. Afterwards, Rainie distracts herself at the Prince Albert, before a handsome man sends her a drink. Will sparks fly?
20. Bobby and Dana plan something special, and Dana later explains to Bobby that she’d like to learn more about Islam and visit the Mosque.
21. Dawn gets a shock when Lucas’ dad Alex shows up in the village. An altercation ensues between Alex and Billy, prompting Meena to interfere, as she claims Dawn has been neglecting Lucas, making Alex feel as if his child is unsafe. Soon enough, Dawn is left terrified when Lucas goes missing.
22. Meena is horrified when Billy dumps her to reunite with Dawn, and thus she claims she’s pregnant with his baby. Manpreet, however, is suspicious of her sister, and she later shares a conversation with a woman named Carol, who is the sister of Nadine – one of Meena’s victims. Carol reckons Meena killed Nadine, which leaves Manpreet in shock.
23. Manpreet struggles to stop thinking about Carol’s theory, and Meena’s shocking actions leave her more suspicious than ever, as she catches her attempting to plant heroin on Dawn to cast doubt on her parenting. Meena, knowing her sister is getting too close, stalks her with a broken bottle, ready to claim another victim.
24. Will grows jealous when Bernice goes on a date, and the two subsequently discuss their feelings for one another, which Kim overhears. She makes an ominous phone call, discussing the disposal, and Will soon sees that Malone’s grave has been freshly dug up!
25. Kim reveals that she removed Malone’s corpse from the grounds so that Will no longer feels tethered to her, explaining that he can decide whether to stay or to go. Will is touched by the effort she’s gone to, and thus gets down on one knee to propose! Will Kim say yes? and how will Bernice react?
26. Noah spots Leanna’s ring on the floor. He steals it, and gives it to Chloe as an early Christmas present.
27. Sam is hellbent on winning back Lydia, especially after some words of encouragement from Mandy. Lydia finds his Christmas invitation and reads it, unaware that Sam is grinning from afar while watching. Will his efforts pay off?
28. Christmas Day sees the residents of the village awake to a thin dusting of what appears to be snow on Christmas morning. But is all as it seems? Well, that is the question, and it’s one that will be answered soon enough, as we go back in time to the hours before to reveal what really happened.
29. Charles is shocked when Harriet informs him on Christmas day that was her last service. As Harriet heads home, she takes one last look at St. Mary’s and removes her dog collar.
30. Billy proposes to Dawn on New Year’s Eve, but will she say yes?
31. Darren is hopeful that he will be freed from his captivity in time for both Christmas and Charlie’s birthday, and it appears as though he might get his wish when Ethan agrees tort him go. Maya, however, soon shows up, forcing him to make yet another escape plan.
32. Shocking events ensue at the Osbornes in the wake of Charlie’s birthday, and a life-changing decision is made as a result. Christmas Day brings even more heartache for the family in question, as said decision casts a shadow over the celebrations, and Ella subsequently makes a revelation which changes everything!
33. Sid shares a steamy night with newcomer Lizzie, but he’s in for quite the shock the following morning, when he sets his sights upon girl of his dreams Galaxy, also known as Serena! Sid is still head over heels for Serena, but they agree to keep their dalliance a secret in order to protect Lizzie’s feelings.
34. Prince hides his latest job opportunity from Olivia, but Nancy reveals all when she tells her colleague that fiancé Prince has been accepted as the school’s new caretaker!
35. Cindy is hellbent on making this Christmas one to remember for Luke, given that it could be his last, but the big day is ruined when his reaction to her decorations leaves a little too be desired. Oh, and he forgets which sister he’s supposed to be with! Zara, however, finds something special, which saves Christmas for the clan in question.
36. Becky turns her attention to Dee Valley hospital in her search for vengeance, but things subsequently take a turn when the police show up to arrest her! Will Ollie stand by as his new girlfriend is taken away in handcuffs?
37. Nana has some huge news for her family, but things soon take a turn, and a surprise return finds her in a bad way! Afterwards, she opens up about her health. But will this lead to a heartbreaking diagnosis?
38. There is still tension aplenty between Martine and Celeste in the wake of the latter’s claim that Mitchell murdered Lisa. But the mother and daughter duo are tricked into a family lunch in upcoming scenes. The question is: will either of them of them be able to stay long enough to mend the cracks in their relationship?
39. Sally takes charge of the housing arrangements, but Goldie forgets to book the moving van, forcing the McQueens to improvise.
40. Maxine is heartbroken to discover that Trish is intent on moving away, and thus she attempts to play cupid in the hopes of making her stay. In a bizarre turn of events, however, it appears as if Trish is already familiar with her date. But just who is it? And will it be the first step in Maxine finding out all there is to know about what Trish is hiding?
If you’ve got a soap or TV story, video or pictures get in touch by emailing us [email protected] – we’d love to hear from you.
Join the community by leaving a comment below and stay updated on all things soaps on our homepage.
Source: Read Full Article