Darts walk-on girls say they’re ‘busier than ever’ after being axed
The darts walk-on girls who were axed in a PC storm say they are more in demand than ever.
Daniella Allfree and Charlotte Wood were sacked in January last year and sparked a huge row as the Formula 1 grid girls were also dropped.
It’s thought to be down to snowflakes who believed their role escorting players to the oche wasn’t politically correct.
But almost two years on, Daniella and Charlotte are busier than ever and say they wouldn’t go back to their previous jobs even if the Professional Darts Company, which runs the big competitions, relented.
Daniella explains: “They might not be able to see us on TV but people are still really keen to see us in the flesh.
“We’ve been really busy with exhibition work, which is the same as we were doing before, it’s just not on TV. I think we are being booked because people miss us.
“We probably do about four events a week now and at every single one people are still saying it was a ridiculous decision and something’s missing from the darts.
- World’s kinkiest erotic festival exposed – from bondage shows to strip teases
- Love Island's Harley Brash ditches top as she strips off for racy exposé
"I didn’t think we’d get this sort of response – we didn’t realise how valued we were.
“We’re doing better now than we were when we were there. Nasty
“We were worried we’d lose our income after the ban but it’s actually opened more doors for us.”
While work has been busy, they had to deal with nasty comments from those who compared them to prostitutes just for doing the darts walk-on.
Daniella, 32, says: “We got compared to sex workers. We were made to feel we were doing some really wrong and demeaning.
“But we learned that was the minority. The majority of people got behind us and we realised we weren’t doing anything bad – we were doing a great job.”
And while they feel PDC bosses might change their minds about walk-on girls, they will be too late to get Daniella and Charlotte back.
“I honestly feel the PDC might regret what they’ve done losing the walk-on girls,” says Daniella, from Chesterfield, Derbyshire.
“There’s been a lot of anger on social media aimed at them and the fans feel there is something missing from the sport.
“It’s a shame but we probably wouldn’t go back now as there was a lot of negativity around the ban and our relationship with them.
“We felt we were part of a family but we didn’t even get a warning before we were dismissed.
“They could have handled it better, but after six years of work we got nothing. It’s been hurtful.”
The models also fear the dancers at the darts, on stage as the players walk on, could be next to go.
Daniella says: “I hope they keep their position – it’s great to see women on stage rather than no women at the darts.
“They add something to it – it’s nice to see bit of glitz and glamour at the show.”
Daniella and Charlotte, 31, have even brought out another calendar after last year’s proved a hit, selling more than 2,000 copies.
“It went on sale on October 1 and we’ve already sold half the stock,” adds Daniella.
“We didn’t expect it so we’re just humbled and overwhelmed. We have got some great fans who support us.”
Daniella also feels it’s sad that snowflakes and PC killjoys are making a world where beautiful and glamorous women are no longer allowed to be celebrated.
She adds: “I started modelling when I was 17 and it was totally different. There was a lot more glamour back then.
“Models like Lucy Pinder and Michelle Marsh – they were seen as big celebrities. That’s all gone now and it’s so sad.
“The world’s changing and it’s just so ridiculous.”
● Daniella and Charlotte’s 2020 calendar is available from daniella-charlotte.myshopify.com
Source: Read Full Article