David Ginola weight loss: Ex-footballers bid to shed six kilos in three weeks in jungle
Donna Traynor: BBC reporter discusses career and resignation
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Former Newcastle and Spurs footballer David Ginola has been announced as one of the stars taking part in this series of I’m A Celebrity. The 54-year-old has set his sights on becoming the camp’s chef to cook his fellow celebrities rice and beans. Ahead of entering the camp, David admitted he’d like to lose six kilos after “putting it on over the past three months”.
Revealing he doesn’t mind going on a strict rice and beans diet in the Welsh castle, David said he hopes he can cook for the rest of his fellow celebrities.
“I will be the chef in the camp,” he explained. “And rice and beans are perfect for me as I have put on six kilos over the past three months and I think it will be interesting to see if I can lose six kilos in three weeks!”
While the celebrities are on the show, they are given basic rations of beans and rice which equates to only 700 calories per day.
Over the years, many celebrities have struggled with the rations and some have even tried to smuggle in food before going on the show.
Another issue celebrities are faced with is being away from their loved ones in a relatively confined space – but David said he feels prepared for remote castle life.
He said: “Because we have been in lockdown many times over the past two years, being locked in a castle for I’m A Celebrity won’t be an issue for me.”
But David, who now works as a pundit, admitted he is going to miss his young daughter Carla, 27, terribly.
He added: “I am going to miss my baby girl, I have been sharing her life every day since she was born and it’s not just me. It is also about her missing her dad for a long time. That feeling is going to be difficult.”
The star has also revealed he always “sets out to win” anything he does and has set his sights on becoming King of the Castle.
And the former Newcastle player said he’s excited to catch up with I’m A Celeb presenters Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly after meeting them at games he played in the past.
David added: “I know the Geordies! I’ve met Ant and Dec before and I know they are big massive fans of Newcastle United.
“When you play for the club (like I did), all of the fans are amazing and very faithful. Newcastle is very lucky to have fans like them!
“It is starting to sink in now that I am doing I’m A Celebrity.
“When I got offered the chance to do the programme, I thought ‘why not?’.
“It’s going to be a great experience and it’s the chance to spend three weeks in the Castle doing things you have never done in your life.”
As for what his football peers will think of his decision to go on I’m A Celebrity, David is hoping they will want to follow in his footsteps by signing up for the show in years to come.
“I hope my former teammates and fellow professionals will think, ‘Oh we should do that as well’. They might ask to be on the next one!”
He continued: “Doing I’m A Celebrity has come at the perfect time for me and I am really looking forward to it all now. It’s also going to be a crazy experience!”
The show is returning to the historic Gwrych Castle, in Abergele, North Wales this year.
Last year’s highlights in the castle included the celebrity abseil in the Welsh countryside, an iconic drinking trial and Giovanna Fletcher being crowned Queen of the Castle.
The ten celebrities heading into the castle for the new series include, broadcaster Louise Minchin, Olympian Matty Lee, DJ Snoochie Shy, presenter Richard Madeley, Strictly’s Arlene Phillips, music producer Naughty Boy, Paralympian Kadeena Cox, singer Frankie Bridge and Emmerdale’s Danny Miller.
I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! lands on ITV this Sunday at 9pm.
Source: Read Full Article