Im A Celebrity hit with over 3,000 complaints as Matt Hancock stays

I'm A Celeb: Matt Hancock burns the camp's rice

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Since Matt Hancock entered the I’m A Celebrity ..Get Me Out Of Here! jungle two weeks ago, both the public and celebrities in the camp have expressed their strong views on the MP starring in the show. With the public votes kicking off last week, people are furious the 44-year-old is surviving eliminations as they take to Ofcom to complain.

This year’s series of I’m A Celebrity saw late arrivals Matt Hancock and comedian Seann Walsh enter the jungle together.

His presence on the show has received mixed reviews from the camp with pop icon Boy George confessing he was struggling with his presence and Chirs Moyles commenting he should be at work.

Viewers have also shared their outrage that the MP has left his Suffolk constituency to star on a reality show with a petition to stop him from entering went into its thousands.

However, recent figures reveal that communications regulator Ofcom has received over 3,000 about the ITV show.

Out of the huge wave of 3,287 complaints, a total of 1,764 were related to Matt Hancock being in the jungle.

Although the regulator confirmed that a large majority of the other complaints are regarding the treatment of the MP by the other campmates.

Last week in a statement from Ofcom, they said: “It’s worth being aware that under our rules, in principle – and taking into account freedom of expression – there’s no ban on any particular person taking part in programmes.

“However, if the mere presence of a person is likely to cause offence, we would expect broadcasters to take steps to mitigate or justify that offence. How they do that editorially, is up to them.”

They added that they will be assessing the complaints against their broadcasting rules before a decision is made on whether or not they need to investigate.

Despite Matt seeming to enjoy camp life, he’s since been suspended from the conservative party after he joined the ITV reality show.

Defending his decision to enter the Australian jungle before he officially entered, Matt revealed he wanted to raise awareness of dyslexia while on the show along with people getting to know the real him.

Since making his debut, the 44-year-old has faced his fair share of gruesome Bushtucker Trials to win food.

Viewers have watched as he’s eaten cockroaches, swam with a crocodile underwater and had slime dumped all over him to earn stars for his campmates.

Although one celebrity didn’t hold back how he felt about Matt being on the show as Boy George admitted he was struggling.

Speaking to him by the creek with Seann Walsh, the pop icon said: “I just feel everyone’s trying to be too nice. It’s getting on my t*ts. I don’t want arguments… I’m just like come on guys, have a laugh.

“I’ll be honest with you, I think your presence has made everyone very compliant.

“I have been hating on you, I have to be honest. I sometimes feel like you don’t say what you mean and you’re not particularly direct.”

Despite Matt replying that he was fond of the singer, they seemed to remain civil with one another for the duration of Boy George’s time on the show.

On Tuesday night, fans watched as the 80s star became the fourth celebrity to leave the show.

I’m A Celebrity continues weekdays on ITV from 9pm.

Source: Read Full Article