‘I’m out’ GMB boycott as Richard Madeley set to permanently replace Piers Morgan

GMB: Richard Madeley reveals he had an encounter with a ghost

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Richard Madeley, 65, was reported to have been “confirmed” as Piers Morgan’s official Good Morning Britain replacement. Piers unceremoniously left the show in March following a heated debate on-air about Meghan Markle. Since then, speculation over his replacement has been rife, with several faces stepping in to host the programme alongside Susanna Reid. On Tuesday, rumours began circulating Richard would be the permanent new face of the show – but many aren’t pleased about this. Wednesday morning saw floods of tweets challenging the decision as fans threatened to “switch off” the show.

It was reported the broadcaster has been offered a full-time role on Good Morning Britain.

A report in The Sun claimed sources had revealed Richard had been offered a £300,000 full-time presenting deal with ITV to replace Piers, 56.

Such rumours have been quashed by Richard’s rep though, who told The Mail Online and The Mirror: “Richard is part of a revolving family of presenters and no plans to change that.”

ITV also responded saying: “GMB is performing well with its established family of presenters and a rotation of guest presenters.

“There are no current plans to change this format.”

During Wednesday’s show, Richard addressed the reports of his rumoured deal.

Richard was asked whether he would become the new “Mr Susanna Reid”.

The broadcaster suggested the claims were untrue as he joked: ​”I think someone’s put two and two together and got four and a half.

As conflicting rumours fly though, Good Morning Britain fans have taken to social media to offer their view on the “replacement”.

Natasha wrote: “I’m out! Richard Madeley presenting #GMB full time is not for me. Bring back the Big Breakfast @Channel4 @GMB.”

Dry Biscuit commented: “Oh look, Richard Madeley thinking his voice is the most important again on @GMB can we change host please. Actually just put Ben Shepard on.”

Paul Hilajo also stated the show had lost a viewer, sharing: “@HilajoPaul @GMB Richard Madeley becoming a permanent presenter. Thanks for the memories but I’ll be now going over to #BBCBreakfast.”

Russ penned: “Richard madeley aka Alan partridge to replace piers Morgan #gmb.”

Some viewers were pleased with the news though, with Kania McKalliah posting: “#GMB @ITV Well, if I had my pick of who to have as a GMB presenter with @susannareid100, it would be the one and only @richardm56.

“I am so delighted and I am now back as a full time viewer of #GMB. Yay and CONGRATS Richard!”

“@richardm56 love watching GMB when you are on with @susannareid100, Piers was just too stressful in a morning,” Sharon Leonard chimed.

Richard is among a host of presenters who has been working alongside Susanna since Piers left the show, following the fallout from his comments on Meghan Markle’s tell-all Oprah Winfrey interview.

ITV haven’t given any update on who will be a permanent replacement.

Meanwhile, Richard is also the subject of other rumours – will the broadcaster reportedly set to take part in this year’s I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here?

He recently addressed rumours on Good Morning Britain, which seemed to hint he might indeed be heading to Gwrych Castle for the popular show hosted by Ant and Dec.

Talking to co-hosts Susanna Reid and Kate Garraway, he confessed ITV had told him what to say in response to rumours.

“You may say, ‘I couldn’t possibly comment,'” he stated, adding: “It’s ridiculous! When a secret’s out, it’s out!

“And it is true that I’ve been learning a bit of Welsh.”

Good Morning Britain airs weekdays at 6am on ITV.

Source: Read Full Article