Nick Knowles slams Jimmy Carrs show for playing charities against each other
Daily Star TV gives you all the latest interviews and spoilers and Ed Gleave will send you telly’s hot takes straight to your inbox every Sunday
Nick Knowles has slammed Jimmy Carr’s new late-night quiz show and the charity edition of BBC's The Weakest Link as he accused the shows of “pitting charities against one another.”
The DIY SOS star was unimpressed after watching Thursday night’s instalment of the Channel 4 show I Literally Just Told You comedy special which switched out the usual format in order to raise money for charity during the festive season.
Joining the stand-up comic was talk show host Lorraine Kelly, comedians Aisling Bea, Alex Horne and Asim Chaudhry who were battling it out to win the show and take home a bucket load of cash for their chosen charities.
And after he watched the hilarious comedy special, he shared his disappointed viewers with his 150,800 followers online
After the show, the 59-year-old tweeted: “So Jimmy Carr’s ‘I literally just told you’ plays off charities against each other to go home with nothing so 3 important charities took part tonight but received no cash at all.
“Only one got money I'm not sure I like playing charities off against each other for entertainment. “
Later on that night, when a follower pointed out it was a similar situation with The Weakest Link reboot hosted by comedian Romesh Ranganathan, he replied: “Then I’m unhappy with that too – I recently did Catchphrase because the charity gets what you win.”
His controversial opinions received a mixed response from his loyal legion of fans; some agreed with the TV builder while others said it was commonplace on celebrity quiz shows.
It comes after the father-of-four shared his heartache after one of his favourite DIY SOS projects was cruelly torched earlier this month.
The wooden boardwalk area at The Yard, Edinburgh, was set on fire by vandals more than nine years after the star and his team gave it a makeover for Children In Need.
The charity – which helps disabled children, young people and their families by offering inclusive adventure play – reported £40,000 worth of damage caused to the property.
Nick recently shared his upset for the expensive damaged caused children’s adventure playground with The Scottish Sun.
He told the publication: “It’s heartbreaking for those families. The Yard’s a haven for them, and a place where the parents can get advice and the kids can play safely.
“I spoke to Celine last week about their anniversary and then she messaged to say they had damage done. It must be someone deeply disturbed. To do something like that is heart-wrenching.
“What kind of human being does something like that to a lace for children with disabilities. To have it happen on their anniversary and to this particular group of people is really sad.”
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
- Channel 4
Source: Read Full Article