Peaky Blinders Leads the Pack at 2020 Britain’s National TV Awards
The BBC crime drama television series wins the best drama while the actor Cillian Murphy takes home the best drama performance at the January 28 awards show.
AceShowbiz -TV drama “Peaky Blinders” and its star Cillian Murphy were the big winners at Britain’s National Television Awards in London on Tuesday night, January 28, 2020.
Creator Steven Knight’s series landed the Drama award at the O2 Arena ceremony, while absent Murphy scored the Drama Performance prize.
“Chernobyl“, the mini-series documenting the 1986 Soviet nuclear disaster, was named Best New Drama, while “Mrs. Brown’s Boys” triumphed in the Comedy category.
Other notable winners included Jesy Nelson, whose documentary on social media trolls, “Odd One Out“, landed the Factual prize, and beloved TV double act Ant and Dec, who extended their record streak of victories in the TV Presenter section with a 19th win.
Monty Python star Michael Palin was honoured with a Special Recognition award for his work as a comedian, actor, and travel documentarian. He dedicated the prize to late pal and Monty Python colleague Terry Jones, who passed away last week.
The full list of winners is:
- New Drama: “Chernobyl“
- Comedy: “Mrs Brown’s Boys“
- Challenge Show: “The Great British Bake Off“
- TV Presenter: Ant and Dec
- Factual: “Jesy Nelson: Odd One Out“
- Drama: “Peaky Blinders“
- Drama Performance: “Cillian Murphy – “Peaky Blinders“
- Newcomer: Peter Ash – “Coronation Street“
- TV Judge: David Walliams – “Britain’s Got Talent“
- Serial Drama: “Emmerdale“
- Serial Drama Performance: Katie McGlynn – “Coronation Street“
- Talent Show: “Strictly Come Dancing“
- The Bruce Forsyth Entertainment Award: “I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!“
- Live Magazine Show: “This Morning“
- Impact Award: “Gavin and Stacey“
- Special Recognition: Michael Palin
Source: Read Full Article