Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Lifetime movie trailer drops and fans are puzzled
The Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Lifetime movie has dropped – and fans are absolutely puzzled by the new glimpse at the flick.
The upcoming TV movie, titled Meghan and Harry: Escape From The Palace, will dramatise the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s departure from England and when they stepped back from royal duties.
The new clip bizarrely shows Harry (Jordan Dean) and Meghan (Sydney Morton) speaking directly to the camera, wondering aloud about their predicament.
We’re also given a glimpse of Laura Mitchell as Kate Middleton, Jordan Whalen as Prince William and, quite spectacularly, Maggie Sullivun as the Queen.
The trailer begins with Harry comforting Meghan as she sobs, promising he’ll ‘do everything in my power’ to keep her safe, before Kate speaks to camera and insists: ‘This is the life we signed up for. Here we value dignity above all else.’
Sydney’s Meghan goes on to admit: ‘I never thought this would be easy. But I wanted to make the Queen proud!’
A slightly terrifying William declares: ‘Let everyone understand it. The monarchy is at stake!’ before Maggie’s Queen Elizabeth proclaims: ‘The monarchy will always survive!’
The clip ends with Meghan wondering: ‘Have I made the world’s biggest mistake?!’
Safe to say, fans aren’t impressed, with one quipping: ‘And I will do everything in my Power not to watch.’
Another compared it to a Saturday Night Live sketch, while one more went further and said: ‘This shouldn’t have been produced.’
Another was slightly more diplomatic, declaring it: ‘Laughable and entertaining!’
For any viewers on board with the trailer, it’s actually the third film in the series (or the franchise, if you will), following A Royal Romance in 2018, which follows the royals’ meeting and courtship, and Becoming Royal in 2019.
Each film has starred different actors as Harry and Meghan.
It comes after a first-look photo of the pair done up as the royal couple was revealed earlier this year, leaving a lot of people online unimpressed – with some claiming they look nothing like the real Duke and Duchess.
Despite the backlash and confusion, She’s Gotta Have It actress Sydney thanked fans for their support and said the experience was the stuff of ‘literal dreams’.
‘And [the] cat’s out of the bag!’ the 37-year-old penned on Instagram. ‘Very grateful to be working with these wonderful people!
‘AND I get to be on this wild ride with an old friend?? Literal dreams! Thank you everyone for all your kind words! Let’s goooooooo.’
The synopsis for the movie teases: ‘Harry & Meghan: Escaping the Palace reveals what really happened inside the palace that drove Harry and Meghan to leave everything behind in order to make a future for themselves and their son Archie.
‘The movie will detail Meghan’s growing isolation and sadness, their disappointment that “The Firm” was not defending them against the press’s attacks and Harry’s fear that history would repeat itself and he would not be able to protect his wife and son from the same forces that caused his mother’s untimely death.’
It continues: ‘Harry & Meghan: Escaping the Palace will also reveal the private family feuds between Will and Harry, Kate and Meghan, and Harry with Will and Charles, that lead to the ultimate break from the royal ties.’
Harry & Meghan: Escaping The Palace has yet to receive a release date.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article