Rita Ora is pictured being taken to quarantine in Australia by armed police after breaking Covid rules in the UK
RITA Ora was pictured being marched to quarantine by armed police after she touched down in Australia after repeatedly breaking coronavirus rules in the UK.
The 30-year-old star jetted Down Under for her new role as a judge on The Voice Australia.
But before she can get stuck into filming, the singer must carry out a 14-day hotel quarantine under the country's strict rules amid the ongoing pandemic.
In photos taken at Sydney International Airport, Rita can be seen covered up in a beige coat, beanie hat, and black face mask as armed officers escorted her to a waiting minibus.
Airport workers wearing gloves and other PPE are seen loading up Rita's luggage after she wheeled four large cases out of the terminal.
She was then driven to her hotel, where she will be shut in a room for 14 days.
A source previously told The Sun: "Rita travelled first class, with all the trimmings of private lounges and VIP suites.
“But there was nothing she could do to avoid having to properly quarantine.
“It’s very clear how seriously the Australians are taking their border control, and there are no risks taken at all.
"They have no time for rule-breakers. Border agents and the military are involved — and she had to comply.”
However, Rita will be quarantining in luxury, securing a £270-a-night hotel – five-star Meriton Suites Pitt Street.
Last week, The Sun revealed that the star had lost 300,000 social media followers after her various lockdown rule breaks.
The star has suffered severe backlash in recent months for the slip-ups, with her downfall beginning in April.
The singer's first furore was sparked when she travelled 150 miles from her North London home to spend the UK's first lockdown with a group of friends at a rented Cotswolds property.
Locals blasted her at the time, claiming her security shooed away neighbours from public footpaths – and used drones to follow them.
The second lockdown in November was even more scandalous, with The Sun revealing that she'd thrown a secret 30th birthday party at a swanky Notting Hill restaurant with 30 guests.
The restaurant, Casa Cruz, now faces losing its license after it agreed to an offer from Rita's team of hosting the bash for £5,000 – and the manager at the time has been sacked.
Gary Grant, representing Casa Cruz, told how Rita had initially planned to host a party at her home but panicked when the paparazzi were spotted outside.
Rita issued a grovelling apology after The Sun revealed details of her flouting UK laws, and even volunteered to pay the £10,000 fine.
The following month, it was revealed that the star had also broken quarantine rules after she was paid to appear at an event in Egypt.
Rita had jetted to Cairo on 21 November, with rules stating that she needed to self-isolate for 14 days upon her return to the UK.
Instead, the singer hosted her illegal bash on the 28 November – just one week later.
Once again, Rita issued a grovelling apology, insisting that she felt "guilt and shame" for her decision.
The star has suffered a 362,279 drop in social media followers across just three platforms as fed-up fans opted to remove her posts from their feeds.
Last week, police branded Rita "selfish" following a hearing of Kensington and Chelsea Council's licensing sub-committee about her birthday party.
The hearing heard how Casa Cruz had CCTV cameras turned off as guests arrived on November 28, with hard drives later found wiped.
Charles Holland, who is representing the Met Police's application, said: "This was one of the most notorious breaches of regulations during the pandemic."
Fans have also been left stunned after noticing that the star STILL hasn't changed her dishonest Instagram post from her 30th birthday.
Rita intended to keep the huge party a secret, and took to her social media page at the time to insist that she wasn't having a birthday celebration – comments which still remain live on her page.
Source: Read Full Article