Susanna Reid set to have female co-host if Piers Morgan doesn't return to Good Morning Britain
ITV bosses may pair Susanna Reid with a full-time female co-host on GMB if Piers Morgan does not return to the sofa, we can reveal.
Our sources say show chiefs, who are trialling a number of presenters at the moment, are planning to choose a replacement from the talent already on their books.
Alongside Good Morning Britain guest hosts such as Richard Madeley, the names now in the frame include Charlotte Hawkins, Ranvir Singh and Kate Garraway.
The source said: “It is very possible that we will have two women fronting the show.
“Susanna will take the lead, but the job of her co-host is up for grabs, and it will come down to who is most popular with viewers.
“Richard and Charlotte both gave powerhouse performances last week, so we will be seeing a lot more of them in the coming weeks. But Ranvir and Kate will be back too, as will Alastair Campbell and Bill Turnbull.
“The attitude behind the scenes is there is no rush to find a replacement for Piers this year. The bosses want to make the right choice. They want to give lots of people a chance and, as time goes on, focus more on the most popular hosts.
“The feeling is if Piers doesn’t come back, it’d be unfair to draft in a replacement straight away, both on Piers and his replacement.”
Mouthy Piers left the show in March after refusing to apologise to Meghan Markle after saying she lied in her bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.
And he told The Sun last month that ITV bosses have since approached him to return.
The TV host said: “I have had random third-party feelers put out to see if I would consider a return. I don’t want to say on the record who, but a pretty close third party.”
But our source insisted the GMB team are pushing ahead as if he will not be back, saying: “Piers is currently not part of our plans.”
The comments come as Piers’ wife Celia Walden told The Sun she wants someone to give her husband a job, so he doesn’t “lie there staring at her in bed”.
Looks like he might be under the covers a bit longer, Celia.
KYLIE’S GOING UNDER
Eye-popping Kylie Jenner has summer all wrapped up as she channels Christina Aguilera.
The reality star appeared to have copied the singer’s raunchy look for the MTV Video Music Awards in 2002.
This isn’t the first time she’s been inspired by the Dirrty singer.
Kylie dressed as Christina for Halloween in 2016, complete with leather chaps.
But this time her silk vintage Jean Paul Gaultier dress was all about celebrating the under-boob.
So who wore it best? We reckon it’s a tie.
WHO’S UP FOR BAFTA GLORY?
TONIGHT’S TV Baftas are one of the most high-profile events of the year for small-screen stars. Here’s our rundown on who we think will win – and who deserves to . . .
- DRAMA SERIES: The Crown is a hot contender but we think BILLIE PIPER’s brilliant I Hate Suzie deserves the gong.
- ENTERTAINMENT PERFORMANCE: As the only woman in this category, we’d love to see CLAUDIA WINKLEMAN win.
- ENTERTAINMENT SHOW: It’s been years since a newcomer in this category has made such a mark as The Masked Singer. But we can’t see it toppling ANT and DEC’s Saturday Night Takeaway or Strictly.
- LEADING ACTOR: In a tale of fraught young lovers, PAUL MESCAL rinsed it in Normal People.
- LEADING ACTRESS: Each star in this category has killed it in their shows but we think MICHAELA COEL will inch ahead for I May Destroy You.
- MINI SERIES: While we’d love to see Normal People take this one, I May Destroy You looks to have it in the bag for tackling the hot topic of sexual consent.
- DOCUMENTARY: They promised more diversity, so Bafta needs to give this to ANTON FERDINAND’s Football, Racism & Me.
- SUPPORTING ACTOR: MICHAEL SHEEN must take this for playing CHRIS TARRANT in ITV’s Quiz.
- SUPPORTING ACTRESS: It’s got to be The Crown’s HELENA BONHAM CARTER.
- Virgin Media’s must-see moment award (voted for by the public) is wide open but while we expect votes for DIVERSITY’s BLM routine, the Gogglebox reactions to BORIS JOHNSON’s lockdown press conference might pip it at the post.
MILEY’S A MUCKY GIRL
She’s got up to some X-rated antics over the years but when it comes to getting down and dirty, Miley Cyrus loves nothing more than mucking out her horses.
The tongue-poking star said: “People see me doing glamorous things on stage, wearing bedazzled clothes and being over-the-top.
"But I really like going to the farm.
"Because I’m in the city so much, being able to get dirty, wash my horses and be on my farm – the way I grew up – makes me super-happy.”
The pansexual singer spoke after teaming up with ice cream brand Magnum.
As part of its Miley In Layers campaign, she ditched the mud-caked wellies to do a glitzy black-and-white photoshoot and will perform an 8D audio virtual gig on Thursday night.
Joel fling with 90210 Jessica
Masked Dancer presenter Joel Dommett once had a fling with 90210 beauty Jessica Lowndes, we can reveal.
The comic, who hosted last night’s final of the quirky ITV show, hit it off with US actress Jessica – who once dated rugby star Danny Cipriani – at a launch party in 2011.
Onlookers told how they ended up kissing after sparks flew. Our source said: “Jessica and Joel were invited as guests to the opening of the new Embassy club in Praia Da Luz in Portugal by boss Mark Fuller.
“The launch party was lavish but it was a small club so the guests pretty much had it to themselves.
"It was pretty obvious from early on that there was a spark between the two of them and they were spotted kissing before sneaking off for a bit more privacy. The fling was a pretty short one but they stayed friendly afterwards.”
Joel, who became a household name after appearing on I’m A Celebrity in 2016, met model Hannah Cooper later that year and proposed in 2017.
The pair, who married in 2019, entertained fans during lockdown with weekly ITV2 telly show Home Alone With Joel Dommett, which was filmed from their house.
Hopefully the cameras won’t be rolling should Jessica’s name pop up in conversation.
- Getting back to work post-lockdown was a real struggle, admits GARY BARLOW. He told Magic Radio Breakfast: ‘To have to be somewhere on time, to get in a car, was a very weird thing.’ We feel his pain
- A BBC casting team is hunting for soon-to-be-wed couples who are willing to hand over their big day to top wedding planners – with the cameras rolling. Is the next Don’t Tell The Bride waiting in the wings?
- MOLLIE GALLAGHER wants to stay on Corrie for as long as she can. The actress, who joined in 2019 as Nina, adds: ‘I just hope Nina remains quirky.’ Us too
- DUA LIPA’s new video for single Love Again sees her in a bikini riding a bucking bronco before swinging a lasso covered in fluorescent lights. Sounds a top night out
- TEXAS have landed their highest-charting album in 21 years with tenth release Hi. It includes collaborations with CLARE GROGAN and RICHARD HAWLEY
Source: Read Full Article