Top 13 'Sesame Street' Characters Ranked: From Cookie Monster to Mr Snuffleupagus
TheWrap picks the TV muppets from worst to best
Since it launched on PBS in 1969, “Sesame Street” has brought generations of kids much joy with its colorful, relatable Muppets. But some stand out more than others.
13. Abby Cadabby Who? Exactly.
12. Telly Nobody likes a worrywart, and Telly is the worry-est wart there is.
11. Zoe Elmo proved to be such a popular character that the show introduced Zoe in 1993 to be his companion. But did we really need another Elmo?
10. Rosita Rosita is most memorable for being the first regular bilingual character on “Sesame Street,” but not much else.
9. Mr. Snuffleupagus Everyone had an imaginary friend growing up, but only Big Bird’s proved to be real.
7. Bert and Ernie (tie) There’s no separating this duo, not even on this list.
6. Grover Grover doesn’t speak in contractions, which should be annoying, but the character somehow manages to make it endearing.
5. The Count The world has forgotten scores of pop culture vampires (Edward Cullen of “Twilight,” we’re looking at you) but we’ll always remember The Count.
4. Oscar the Grouch Oscar the Grouch represents the little bit of misanthropy that exists in all of us.
3. Cookie Monster Who doesn’t love cookies?
2. Big Bird Tall, yellow and feathery, Big Bird is probably the most immediately recognizable “Sesame Street” character.
1. Elmo While Big Bird may be the most recognizable, Elmo is easily the most beloved.
Source: Read Full Article