Who was Selena Quintanilla?
NETFLIX is bringing us a bio-pic about the life and death of superstar Latino singer Selena Quintanilla.
Selena: The Series will tell the tragic tale of the American star, who's life was cut tragically short.
- The best series on Netflix
- The best movies on Netflix
- New on Netflix: What to watch this week
Who was Selena Quintanilla?
Selena Quintanilla-Pérez was born on April 16, 1971 and was a singer, actress, and fashion designer.
Referred to as the "Queen of Tejano music", her contributions to music and fashion made her one of the most celebrated Mexican-American entertainers of the late 20th century.
Billboard magazine named her the top-selling Latin artist of the 1990s decade.
Before her death she had a net worth of £10million.
How did Selena Die?
Selena was murdered when she was just 23-years-old.
In early 1995, Selena's family discovered that Yolanda Saldívar was embezzling money from both the singer's fan club and boutiques, which led to her being fired.
On March 31, 1995 Selena agreed to meet Saldívar at a Days Inn motel in Corpus Christi to retrieve financial records Saldívar had been refusing to turn over.
Saldívar then took a .38 Taurus Model 85 revolver from her purse and pointed it at the singer.
Selena tried to flee, but Saldívar shot her once in the back, severing an artery.
Critically wounded, Selena ran towards the lobby for help with Saldívar in pursuit calling her a "bitch".
Selena collapsed on the floor as the clerk called 911.
She later died in a hospital from blood loss at 1:05 pm.
What are Selena's most famous songs?
Selena racked up a huge amount of hits in her career before she died.
These include (in order of popularity):
- Bidi Bidi Bom Bom (1994)
- Como La Flor (1992)
- I could Fall In Love (1994)
- No Me Queda Más (1994)
- Tú Sólo Tú (1992)
Who was Selena's husband Chris Perez?
Selena was married to Mexican guitarist, Chris Perez.
Selena believed that the only way her father would accept them being together was if they got hitched.
On April 2, 1992, Selena and Chris eloped. Within hours, media outlets announced their union.
“Selena and I decided that the only way to be together…was to run away and get married (at 20 and 22 years old) in secret. What a rollercoaster ride THAT day was,” Chris wrote on Facebook in 2017.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
Source: Read Full Article