Drew Barrymore postpones talk show premiere after criticism amid strike
Save articles for later
Add articles to your saved list and come back to them any time.
Drew Barrymore has announced she will postpone the premiere of her talk show after intense criticism over her original decision to persist with it during the Hollywood writers’ strike.
Barrymore said she had listened to the feedback and decided not to air her show until the strike is over.
“I have listened to everyone, and I am making the decision to pause the show’s premiere until the strike is over,” Barrymore said in an instagram post overnight.
“I have no words to express my deepest apologies to anyone I have hurt and, of course, to our incredible team who works on the show and has made it what it is today. We really tried to find our way forward. And I truly hope for a resolution for the entire industry very soon.”
Barrymore faced intense criticism last week for her decision to bring back The Drew Barrymore Show for a fourth season in the midst of the strike and writers formed a picket line outside the studio.
It was due to air today (September 18).
Last week a writers’ guild spokesperson told this masthead: “any writing on The Drew Barrymore Show is in violation of WGA strike rules”.
More to come
Most Viewed in Culture
Source: Read Full Article