Prince Harry blasted as a ‘hypocrite’ for standing by £112m Netflix deal – with dad King Charles ‘horrified’ by Crown – The Sun | The Sun
PRINCE Harry has been blasted as a “hypocrite” for standing by his £112million Netflix deal after the release of the latest season of The Crown.
The show shows the event that shook the British monarchy to its core — the death of Princess Diana on August 31, 1997.
Royal experts have blasted the series saying that King Charles will be “horrified” to see his family’s tragic events being renacted on screen.
And the Duke of Sussex has been slammed for his involvement with the streaming service broadcasting the traumatic scenes.
Meghan and Harry signed a £112million deal with Netflix in 2020 just six months after giving up on their royal duties to set up a new life in California.
Royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams told The Sun: “One of the world’s greatest tragedies has been turned into a dreaded soap opera.
MORE ON HARRY
Royals braced for fresh chaos after King's call with Harry as The Crown drops
Morale at Harry's Invictus Games 'at an all-time low' as 2 bosses 'sacked'
“The royals are portrayed as a cold-blooded mafia. It's a hatchet job on the monarchy.
“Harry and Meghan make such a big thing about privacy and we heard so much about it – but now there are scenes here showing his mother's death.
“They will be very hurtful to him and William, there is no doubt about that.
"However, Harry is being hugely hypocritical in this way as he works for Netflix.
Most read in Royals
The Crown returns to Netflix as fans react to ‘sick and twisted’ opening scene
Royal insiders ‘furious’ over claims Wills ignored Harry’s calls as Queen died
Royals braced for fresh chaos after King’s call with Harry as The Crown drops
Morale at Harry’s Invictus Games ‘at an all-time low’ as 2 bosses ‘sacked’
“He has been targeting the media for years blaming them for his lack of privacy, when in fact he is taking money from the very company that is exposing his family to the world.
“The show sees him make his very last phone call with his mother – a moment that of course should be private. Instead is it being shown to the world. He is a hypocrite because of that.”
Netflix had previously come under fire for its reenactments of Diana's life – including the famous Panorama interview, which Wills said should never be shown again.
And royal biographer Angela Levin says the latest season will shake the royal family – especially Charles.
She explained: “Charles will be horrified by it. To bring it all up again and have him say things that I’m quite sure he never said.
“It shows him attacking his mother for having no time for them. He is seen as very strong-minded but also very unkind.
“We see him very unhappy. I think it's a horrible series to see for anyone who knows the royal family because it's very cruel.”
It comes as it was this morning reported royal insiders were furious over claims William ignored his brother's messages as the Queen died.
Omid Scobie made the bombshell new claims in his latest book Endgame: Inside the Royal Family and the Monarchy's Fight for Survival.
In the book it was also claimed the brothers' relationship is "beyond repair" as Wills views his brother as a "defector".
The author says there's "no going back" for the brothers and "absolutely nothing has changed" in their relationship since the release of Harry's memoir Spare earlier this year.
The Sun has contacted Netflix and Prince Harry for comment.
Source: Read Full Article